Filing Form N-336 Results in Win in Tampa

Filing Form N-336 Results in Win in Tampa

American Dream™ Law Office successfully appealed an adverse denial by filing form N-336 (Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings).


I can’t tell you how happy I get when I receive messages from these from clients*.

Of course, we can’t win them all, but we can put on a hell of a fight until we get a decision. I received this message yesterday from a client’s wife. She told me that her husband just received his approval of his Application for Naturalization (N-400). My office had appealed the adverse denial in January by filing form N-336 with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. Attorney Ahmad Yakzan successfully argued the case before the Tampa Field Office. Our client will be sworn in as a United States citizen on May 17, 2019.

What is Naturalization?

Naturalization is the process under which a lawful permanent resident becomes a citizen of the United States. A lawful permanent resident can usually become a United States citizen after five years of lawful permanent residence. A lawful permanent resident married a United States citizen can become a citizen after three years. There are other requirements that are discussed on this link.

An applicant must submit his application by submitting a form N-400. The Service would either ask for more information, approve the application, or deny the application. The applicant would then be scheduled to be sworn in as a naturalized United States citizen.

What Should I Do if My N-400 is Denied?

An applicant may appeal the Service’s denial of his N-400 application by filing form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization. When filing form N-336, the Applicant may argue that the denial was improper. The Applicant may submit new evidence with the filing form N-336 in support of his application. The Service may reverse the adverse denial and approve the N-400 application. The Service may also uphold the adverse denial and deny the N-336 application.

What Should I Do if Filing Form N-336 is Not Successful?

If an applicant’s filing form N-336 is denied, they may appeal the N-336 denial by filing a Petition in the United States District Court with jurisdiction over the applicant. For example, an applicant who resides in Tampa, FL would file the petition the United States Middle District of Florida. The District Court would conduct a de novo review of the Service’s decision. The District Court would then reverse or uphold the Service’s decision. If the decision is reversed, the Applicant would be sworn in as a naturalized United States citizen.

We were very happy that our client’s case was approved after several denials. Attorney Ahmad Yakzan argued that the Service’s decision was erroneous because our client’s criminal conduct was outside of the statutory period of good moral character. If you received such a decision, please call us and we would love to help you reverse the decision.

*This case should not be construed as a promise that we will win your case. Every case is different, and the outcome depends on the specific case. The American Dream™ Law Office and attorney Ahmad Yakzan do not make any promises as to case results.