International Executives L-1A Visa
An international executive is defined as a person who:
- Directs the management of the company or a major component
- Establishes goals and policies
- Receives minimal supervision from higher-ups in the company
The American Dream Law office has helped international executives apply for their intracompany visa. Call us today to schedule a consultation to discuss your options.
International Manager L-1A Visa
An international manager could benefit from the L1-A visa if she:
- Manages the organization, department, subdivision, function, or component in the company
- Supervises the work of other supervisory, professional, or managerial employees, or manages an essential function of the company
- Has the authority to hire or recommend employees
- Exercises discretion over day-to-day operations
Specialized Knowledge L1-B Visa
Persons with specialized knowledge may benefit from the L1-B visa. Congress has defined specialized knowledge as knowledge of the company’s products in international markets or advanced knowledge of processes and procedures of the company. Examples of Specialized Knowledge include:
- Foreign operating conditions of significant value to the employer
- Assignments that have enhanced operations
- Knowledge gained through previous employment with the employer
As mentioned above, persons with specialized knowledge must go through the labor certification process to gain permanent residence in the United States.
Intracompany Transfer to a New Branch
The duration of the L intracompany transferee visa is two years and must be renewed. There is a 6 years limit on the L visa duration. However, a new branch in the United States allows initial approval for one year only. Lastly, the purchase of an existing company that has existed for more than one year allows for initial approval for two years.
L Visa Application Process
The application has to be filed in the United States by either the United States branch or the parent company. If the Beneficiary is not in the United States, the application would be transferred to the consulate for processing. A Beneficiary can file for a change of status if they are in the United States at the time of the application.
Call us today for a consultation at 1(888)963-7326.