We are open during the Corona Virus Pandemic

The American Dream does not stop…. neither do we. During this time, we are working hard from home. We are, however, open for business.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

At the American Dream™ Law Office, we have helped numerous individuals apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).  Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), is a program started by the Obama Administration in 2012 to help children who were brought to the United States by their parents, and through no fault of their own, fell out of status.

What Are the Requirements for the Program?

The program uses the Department of Homeland Security’s power under INA 103 to defer the removal of certain individuals for humanitarian reasons. The program also allows the deferral of removal for persons who were never in removal proceedings. To qualify for the program, you must meet all of these requirements:

  • Be under 31 years old as of June 15, 2012;
  • You should have come to the United States before your 16th birthday;
  • Have lived in the United States since June 15, 2017;
  • You have to have been physically present in the United States on June 12, 2012, and at the time you apply for the program;
  • Must have no legal status on June 15, 2012;
  • You are currently in school, you have graduated from high school or have earned your GED, or have been honorably discharged from the armed forces;
  • Have not been convicted of a felony or a significant misdemeanor, or a threat to national security.

Hiring an attorney will increase your chances of approval. Please consider calling us at 1(888)963-7326 to schedule a consultation.

What Evidence Do I Need to Prove My Case?

Proving your eligibility for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) might be harder than you think. Some of the evidence that you should consider including in your application are:

  • School records that show you have the requisite physical presence in the United States;
  • Dated pictures with landmarks;
  • Birth certificates and passports to show your age and eligibility;
  • Dance recitals or game programs with dates and names;
  • Criminal records (if applicable). You should consider hiring an immigration attorney if you have any past criminal history.

What Is the Process of Filing for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)?

To apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) you must submit the following forms:

The check the filing fees for the forms visit this link.

Hiring an attorney will increase your chances of approval. Call us at 1(888) 963-7326 to schedule a consultation.


(888) 963-7326

Office Locations