Chances are you have seen or met a foreign exchange student in your life. Or maybe you had a foreign teacher/tutor helping you turn that F into an A-plus? The point I’m trying to make here is many of us have had a foreign exchange student or person impact our lives! But have you ever thought about how they got here legally and what the process was for them?
Let’s dive right in!
What is a J Visa and who is it for?
These visas are for foreign nationals who are students, scholars, trainees, teachers, professors, research assistants, or leaders in a field of specialized knowledge. The holders of these visas must come to the US to teach, instruct/lecture, study, observe, conduct research, consult in a program, or to receive medical training.
Exchange Visitor information:
Common foreign exchange job titles: camp counselor, intern, professor, research scholar, student,
teacher and more.
How to apply for a J visa:
There are several ways you can apply for the J Visa.
- Complete the online Visa application
- Online nonimmigrant Visa application (Form DS-160): make sure to print when completed
- Photo ID: you must upload your photo while completing the form
- Schedule an interview (required for ages 14-79)
- Prepare for your interview: make sure to pay the non-refundable visa application fee
- Gather required Documentation: passport, Form DS-160, application visa receipt, photo, Form DS-2019, Form DS-7002
- Additional Documentation: the purpose of travel, intent to depart the U.S. after travel, and ability to pay all travel costs
- Attend Visa Interview
- Two years Home Country physical presence requirement
No need to worry, we have your back:
We know this is a lot of information to handle all at once and we know how complicated this process can be without an attorney there to help and represent you. We are here to do all the dirty work and provide you with a stress-free experience. Schedule a consultation call today so we can get started!
American Dream™ Law Office:
Attorney Ahmad Yakzan has lived the immigrant experience and is ready to represent you to reach your American Dream™. Attorney Yakzan’s passion in representing his clients has earned him an excellent reputation in the legal community. This reputation is what sets him apart from other deportation, asylum and criminal immigration practitioners. He would be happy to use this passion to help you achieve your immigration goals.
Contact us today:
For your convenience, we offer in-person, phone, or teleconferencing consultations. Attorney Ahmad Yakzan would be glad to accommodate you in one of our offices in St. Pete and Tampa. Call us today at 1-888-963-7326 to schedule a consultation with Attorney Ahmad Yakzan.